[rt-users] Migration Problems from 2.0.15 -> 3.0.9

HAM-MI-IC Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at kuehne-nagel.com
Fri Aug 5 06:10:27 EDT 2005

Hi,

after a long time using the RT 2.0.15 its now time to migration to the new
one. I read a long time the documentation, also the Mailinglist and figured
out, to do this in two steps:

1. rt 2.0.15 -> 3.0.9
2. rt 3.0.9 -> 3.4.2

I started with the actual rt2-to-rt3 file and created a dump - take 17
Hours, now i have all of my 170.000 Tickets as dump. Now i tryed to import
with: perl dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 /var/daten/

and i get lots of error messages like this:

uCreating user Unnamed user 862
.[Fri Aug  5 10:04:31 2005] [error]: Could not create a new user -
(/opt/rt3/lib/RT/User_Overlay.pm:284)
Failed to create user for$VAR1 = {
          'CryptedPassword' => undef,
          'Name' => 'Unnamed user 862'
        };

I have installed a clean, new rt 3.0.9 installation and checked, this is
working well, but how can i now import the data??? Any Idea?

PS: I also checked out the modified dumpfiles from the mailling list (on a
different test box) without success.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kindest regards

Torsten Brumm
IT Security Engineer

Kuehne + Nagel
HAM-MI-C