[rt-users] RT3 with FastCGI fails with client denied by server configuration

G S smetch at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:54:20 EDT 2005

I am building a new RT3 server and wanted to use fastcgi.  The server runs
SuSE Enterprise 9 with Apache2 and mod_fastcgi.  When I try to connected to
rt's interface I get:

"client denied by server configuration: /srv/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi"  in
the web server error log.

Did a bunch of googling but found no joy.

Rt is installed as a virtual host with the following directives:

ServerName rt3.smetch.com
DocumentRoot /srv/rt3/share/html
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
ScriptAlias / /srv/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

I also have the server set up:

FastCgiServer /srv/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

If I comment out the ScriptAlias line I get the correct index.html page so
it is not a directory permissisons error there but with the line in, nothing
goes thru.  I thought it was a permissions error but even with chmod 777 to
alll of /srv/rt3, still no joy.

Anyone seen this before.  Google is quite dry on any of the things I can
think to search on.

Thanks.