[rt-users] Help: Distributed Mail Server, Database Server and Apache Server

Shen, Tyler tyler.shen at vicscouts.asn.au
Tue Aug 9 23:36:30 EDT 2005

Hi,

Is there any one who can help me?
I have got RT3 working as a stand-alone machine. Because of the business
needs, we want to deploy RT to use the mail server as well as the
database server.

I have gone through a number of documentations about how to set up a
distributed RT system. From my understanding, in order to use the
external database, all I have to do is to populate the RT database on
our database server and change the values of DatabaseHost and
DatabaseRTHost to the address of the database server and the database
authentication. Is there any things else I should do?

Also, I am not sure if RT can use an external email server running
postfix? What I can do now is that I can pipe the emails on the mail
server to local aliase. Is it possible for RT to run SMTP on our mail
server? In other words, can I run rtmailgateway on our mail server?

Thanks a lot

Best Regards,

Tyler Shen