[rt-users] Contribution: Send Nagios alert upon ticket creation

O'Brien, Kevin Kevin.OBrien at sonyconnect.com
Mon Aug 15 10:54:51 EDT 2005

I thought I'd pass along a contribution I just added to the RT Wiki
site.  I've configured a custom scrip that will set off a Nagios alert
if a ticket is created in a particular queue.  We setup a couple queues
for that are intended to be "alert" queues that users can e-mail if
something serious has happened.  If a ticket is created in this queue,
it will trigger a Nagios alert and will start paging the appropriate
personnel.  Instructions can be found here:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?SendNagiosAlert

Enjoy,

-=Kevin=-