[rt-users] "This message will be sent to..." checkbox reverse intuition?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Sun Aug 21 19:56:25 EDT 2005

At 8/21/2005 06:51 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:
>On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 06:46:55PM -0500, Matt England wrote:
> >
> > Is this not the reverse of typical human intuition, given the
> title?  Would
> > not the list of recipients be checked by default...and a user should
> > uncheck them if they don't want said recipients to be notified?
>
>Yep. there's an open ticket with a discussion on how that workflow works
>and some ideas for how to redo it to make it really slick and easy to
>use. I don't have the # on me at the moment, though.

Ok, thanks for the note.

I'm curious:  for short-term purposes, why not just make the checkbox mean
that a the recipient *will* get sent the email, and then mark all the
recipients with a check (in the box) by default?  Would this not address
the backward-presentation problem for the short term (while deferring to a
possibly more-robust workflow system later)?

This seems like it might be a very simple perl change/MOD (or whatever RT
cools the very cool mechanism to overlay changes to the system in the
"local" directory).  Is it?

(I suppose it's not, since this answer seems to straightforward...I suspect
someone has already proposed this and there's more to it then that?)

-Matt