[rt-users] On resolve and correspondence only send one e-mail?

O'Brien, Kevin Kevin.OBrien at sonyconnect.com
Sun Aug 21 21:58:49 EDT 2005

I'm pretty sure there's no perfect way to do it but I thought I'd ask
the rt-users for any ideas.

I have two separate scrips set up to notify requestors on a
correspondence and when status is change to resolve.    Here's the
scenario I'd like to have:

On Resolve and:

            Comment added: Automated resolve message sent to requestors

            Correspondence added: Automated resolve message sent to
requestors with correspondence added.

It seems like this is not possible because the correspondence
transaction is handled before the status change, so there is not way to
stop the execution of the correspondence scrip since the resolve status
change has not happened yet.  The only thing I can think of doing is
stopping the automated resolve message but then there is no way to
automatically let the requestors know the ticket is resolved without
sending a second e-mail.

Any ideas?

-=Kevin=-