[rt-users] Changing order that changes are applied.

George Barnett george at alink.co.za
Wed Aug 24 06:41:45 EDT 2005

Hello,

We have the following bug report from our users:

If you 'jumbo' a ticket that is in a queue that you have full
permissions over, and you choose to
1. change the status of the ticket AND
2. Change the queue to a queue that you don't have permissions over

It will change the queue first and then attempt to change the status.

However as the ticket is now in a queue that you have no permissions on
the status change will fail. It displays 'permission denied' in the
results at the top of the page however this is easily missed.

----

A possible workaround is to allow ModifyTicket to all users accross all
queue's but that completely tards things and slows access down
rediculously (to say taking 25 seconds to draw a ticket instead of 1.5).

We're using 3.2.3.

Cheers,

George

--
George Barnett
Reality Engineer

m: (+44) 778 884 7205
e: george at alink.co.za

Vanilla, adj.: Ordinary flavor, standard. See FLAVOR. When used of food,
very often does not mean that the food is flavored with vanilla extract!
For example, "vanilla-flavored won ton soup" (or simply "vanilla won ton
soup") means ordinary won ton soup, as opposed to hot and sour won ton soup.