[rt-users] how to disable inline display of attachments

doogles at doogles.com doogles at doogles.com
Wed Aug 24 07:26:56 EDT 2005

> This one goes back a ways (Nov, 2004) but I couldn't seem to find an answer.
> Like the original poster, MaxInlineBody doesn't do what I need, I just want
> to leave the .txt attachments as Attachments and not show them inline.
>
> Does anyone have a patch for this (RT 3.2.3) or can anyone point me in the
> right direction for what I need to modify?  I'm no coder, but I've managed to
> hack in a few modifications that do what we need.  From my amateur point of
> view, it appears text attachments and emails that come in text are stores
> text/plain meaning I can't handle this in ShowTransactionAttachments; it
> appears I'd need to handle this as the attachment came in?

Since I didn't get a reply from anyone (except the other rt-user asking
for the same thing), is this something I could offer a code-for-cash type
sponsorship to spur someone to develop this?  Contact me off-list if this
is something you're willing to try.

We're still on RT 3.2.3, don't know if that matters much.

-jd