[rt-users] Question on installation of apache 2.0.54 for RT

Ahalya_Nathan at mudnebr.com Ahalya_Nathan at mudnebr.com
Wed Aug 24 12:07:32 EDT 2005

Hi,
I am trying to install apache 2.0.54 for configuring RT3.4.1 with apache2
and mod_perl 2 in /usr/local/x.  We have another apache2 instance running
in /usr/local. We are planning to merge them when RT gets working on
apache 2 and mod_perl 2, so for the moment we are planning to have 2
apache instances.

I installed apacheRT3 in /usr/local/x using the command :$./configure  - -
prefix =/usr/local/x/apacheRT3
                                       $make
                                        $make install

The above command installed apache directories in /usr/local/x/apacheRT3
and had the following questions:

1. Does the installation  mess up the configuration for the already
existing apache instance in /usr/local?
2. I have made changes to the httpd.conf file of /apacheRT3 for running a
virtual host. I made the following changes:
************************************************************************************************************************
Listen 80
NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/x/apacheRT3/htdocs
    ServerName domain.example.com
    ServerAlias domain
    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
*********************************************************************************************************************************
Although i did this, i cannot access
;http://domain.example.com/index.html.en from port 80. This port is free.

3. The log files i.e., error_log and access_log are not present  in the
logs directory of apacheRT3. Do i have to enable these in some way?

4. I am planning to build a DSO of mod_perl with apache 2.0.54 in
/usr/local/x.  Could this cause a problem  since there is another apache
instance running in /usr/local?

Regards,
Ahalya Nathan
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Information Technology, Metropolitan Utilities District
(402) 449-8218 phone
(402) 449-8131 fax
ahalya_nathan at mudnebr.com