[rt-users] MIME issues with Subject in RT-RT interaction

Atro Tossavainen atossava at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon Aug 29 09:06:14 EDT 2005

Hello,

We've just noticed that emails are lost between two separate instances
of RT when the Subject line contains national special characters or
indeed anything that causes the Subject to be converted between the
actual text and its MIME representation.

The problem seems to be caused by the conversion back from the MIME
representation adding an extra space that usually happens in the middle
of a ticket ID, breaking the ticket ID.  If the two RT addresses that
are corresponding with each other are the main addresses for their
respective queues, the only problem is that a new ticket is generated.
If either of the two addresses are comment aliases, we get a "comment
aliases require a TicketID to work on" and the only place the mail
shows up in is the root mailbox of the server that rejected the request
with a broken ticket ID.

Is there a way to get the MIME conversion not to add spurious spaces?

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,