[rt-users] mysql database copy fails with packet bigger than allowed

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Aug 30 12:52:06 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 11:33, Sparhawk, Mark wrote:
> I just ran into this problem yesterday. It is my understanding that this
> problem occurs when mysqldump has a max_allowed_packet that is larger than
> the mysqld's max_allowed packet here's a couple snippets from my my.cnf.
> [mysqld]

Thanks - I was putting it in the [mysql.server] section of the my.cnf
included with Centos and it needs to be in [mysqld].  The defaults
seem to be different now and none of the example *.cnf files under
/usr/share/doc/mysql-server-4.1.10a seem to work - mysql won't even
start if you try to use them.

Oddly, my biggest attachment was 800k which seems like it should
have worked with the default 1M setting.  Could some other item
be bigger than 1M?

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com