[rt-users] Anybody using SelectRequestor?

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Wed Aug 31 10:38:15 EDT 2005

  _____

From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:30 AM
To: Kelly F. Hickel
Cc: Ben Robson; Jörg Ungermann; rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Anybody using SelectRequestor?

Code looks a little bi confusing

On 8/31/05, Kelly F. Hickel <kfh at mqsoftware.com> wrote:

If there's no org value for a user, it's not put into the list.  That's easy to change, just add an else clause to the if statement below, may put them all in an org called "NoOrg" or something....

    if((!defined ($org)) || ($org eq "")) {

This condition is equivalent of
  unless( $org ) {
which is much simpler to understand

[Kelly F. Hickel] Hmm, well, maybe.  I've been writing C code for over 20 years, and have been told that my perl code looks like C.  I take that as a compliment.  ;>  I would argue that the way that I wrote it is clearer to someone that doesn't live and breathe perl, which seems to apply to a lot of people that use RT.

	      my $i = index($User->Name, "@");
	      # Note that if index returned -1, we'll start at zero, just using the entire email addr as the org

	      $org = substr $User->Name, $i+1;
	    }

	So:

	Else {

	$org = "NoOrg";

	}

I think this is wrong suggestion, will trigger situation when org is defined.

[Kelly F. Hickel] It's the wrong suggestion because the code already handles this case, but I forgot about it.  Users with no org will be entered in the dropdown list with their email domain name as the org.  So there's no need to change the code anyway, as it already handles the case.

	--

	Kelly F. Hickel
	Senior Software Architect
	kfh at mqsoftware.com