[rt-users] slow content queries

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 6 11:47:03 EST 2005

At Tuesday 12/6/2005 11:13 AM, Kevin Murphy wrote:
>Stephen Turner wrote:
>
>>At Tuesday 12/6/2005 09:35 AM, Kevin Murphy wrote:
>>
>>>does anyone know the right spot in the RT code to apply a condition to
>>>all searches of content (attachments), such that the search would be
>>>restricted to attachments whose filename is NULL?
>>
>>I sent a patch for this to the devel list on 11/28 - I think I copied
>>you. Let me know if you didn't receive it.
>
>Steve,
>
>Did that cover query builder searches also?  I thought it was just for
>normal ticket display.
>
>-Kevin

Ah no, sorry.

I haven't played with this, but if you look in Tickets_Overlay.pm there's a
method called _TransLimit which seems to form the SQL clauses necessary for
searching on transaction content. This would probably be the place to add
the 'filename is null' condition so that it would be in effect for all
ticket searches.

Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)