[rt-users] OSX, RT, Perl Oh My!

Robert Marier robert_marier at mcad.edu
Tue Dec 6 16:10:50 EST 2005

Greetings all.  I'm planning on installing the needed software packages
for RT on OSX via darwinports, as that seems to make the most sense.

* Question:
We already have Perl installed, but it's too old (v5.8.1).  It was not
installed via darwinports.  If I install the newer version, am I going
to cause any conflicts with the already installed version? Does the
prior version need to be removed? We currently run a stats package
(awstats) that makes use of Perl.  I'm mainly concerned about breaking
any applications, and making sure RT works properly (heh, who isn't right?).

Thanks in advance,

Robert