[rt-users] i can connect to mysql but "www" cant.

Mike Braziel mike at mactech-solutions.com
Tue Dec 13 16:02:46 EST 2005

I replied to Josh directly in detail, but basically, in a default
install for RT and MySQL in Mac OS X Server, there are a couple of
settings conflicts to resolve.

RT looks for  MySQL at ''/var/mysql/mysql.sock'
MySQL defaults to "/tmp/mysql.sock" under Mac OS X unless you copy
one of the provided cnf files to /etc/my.cnf

Also there is a permissions problem with '/var/mysql/' that blocks
access to the www user
A 'chmod 755 /var/mysql/' fixes it.

Then there is the MySQL password hash. Perl, PHP and other included
builds expect the old password hash in MySQL, MySQL defaults to the
new, longer hash.

Adding 'old_passwords' to the [mysqld] section of my.conf fixes this.

Mike