[rt-users] Comment on Resolve, rather than Reply on Resolve?

Nathan Oyler noyler at khimetrics.com
Wed Dec 14 17:43:27 EST 2005

My users complained about receiving two emails once a ticket was
resolved as well (after editing resolve to default to reply)

Instead I've undone that change, and added this bit of code into the
resolved template.

{
 my $resolution_comment;
 my $Transactions = $Ticket->Transactions;

 $Transactions->Limit( FIELD => 'Type', VALUE => 'Comment' );
 $Transactions->OrderByCols (
               { FIELD => 'Created',  ORDER => 'DESC' },
               { FIELD => 'id',     ORDER => 'DESC' },
               );

 my $CommentObj = $Transactions->First;
 if( $CommentObj && $CommentObj->id ) {
   $resolution_comment = $CommentObj->Content;
 }

 $resolution_comment;
}

Which works out quite well. I do wonder though if someone were to not
comment when resolving if it would grab a comment previous to that.
Either way, I'd like to setup a requirement for a comment to resolve an
issue.

Resolve?

> I agree with the knob recommendation.  A lot of my users complain that
> they get two emails when a ticket is resolved.  I explain this is
because
> there are two different scrips, and that sometimes you will want to
set
> the status without making a comment/reply.  (But of course, users
don't
> care why it doesn't work like they want, they just want it fixed.)  I
had
> thought about tweaking the scrips to get the desired result, but I
would
> have to replace the "on status change send reply" with two scrips, one
> that has an exception for if it is resolved, and replace the "on
> correspond" with two scrips.  Or maybe just tweak the latter to
accomodate
> for the former.  Not sure, I hadn't tried to map it out, but it's not
> necessarily straightforward.

and