[rt-users] Does RT start threshing if mysql has a problem.

Ben Goodwin ben at atomicmatrix.net
Sun Feb 6 12:10:12 EST 2005

It's possible a long or infinite loop was hit trying to create the ticket
and the REST API or something between (and including) sendmail and RT hit a
timeout and retried.  A few things come to mind:

1) Is the message-id in all the duplicate tickets the same (view full
headers inside the RT web interface).  If it's the same, the email was not
re-submitted.  If they ARE different, the resubmission likely occurred
OUTSIDE your sendmail/RT instance.  Fully parsing the headers to find out
where/how would be in order.

2) If this happens again, use "show processlist" inside MySQL so you can
find out what query (or queries) was running and chewing CPU - that would
give a lot of insight towards the issues.

3) You might want to turn on slow query logging (MySQL /etc/my.cnf option)

Hope that helps,

	-=| Ben