[rt-users] rt 3.4.0 / mysql 4.1.9 "initialize-database" error

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Mon Feb 7 17:32:38 EST 2005

On Feb 07, 2005, at 17:26, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> This is a FAQ and has been discussed on the list many times in the past
> two months. In short, your mysql client and server libs are out of
> sync.

Hrm.. okay, sorry to bring it up again.. a search of the list archives
didn't come up with anything other than the two items I mentioned.

I don't see how my libs could be out of sync, however.  I followed the
FC2 instructions at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?FedoraCore2InstallGuide to the
letter.

% rpm -qa | grep -i mysql
MySQL-shared-compat-4.1.9-0
MySQL-server-4.1.9-0
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9003-4
MySQL-client-4.1.9-0

There certainly haven't been any non-RPM installations of MySQL on this
machine, so I don't see how there could be libs left laying around.
Just in case, I just removed and re-installed the 4.1.9 RPMs from
MySQL, and saw no change.

Anyone have any other thoughts?