[rt-users] Todo list / custom checkboxes in tickets

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Tue Feb 8 08:00:56 EST 2005

Hi,

We're looking to use RT more extensively inside of our company, largely
for the tracking of new installs and the like. We'd like to be able to
create a custom todo list on the creation of a ticket; effectively a
selection of checkboxes with task items next to them.

It would be nice if tickets could have variable number of task items
depending on the nature of the ticket, but we'd settle for a hardcoded
number if there's a signifigantly large amount of work involved.

The standard custom fields don't seem to able to handle this sort of
complexity, so I guess it's time to put my programmer hat on? Is this a
feasible additional to RT, or will it not sit will with it's design? Has
anyone got any pointers on where to start, or to similar projects?

Thanks,

Sam