[rt-users] rt2_to_rt3 only exports userid numbers no user details?

Julian C. Dunn Julian_Dunn at cbc.ca
Tue Feb 8 16:37:53 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 14:26 -0500, Drew Barnes wrote:
> If you have 3.x installed on the same machine as 2.x, it will parts of
> the 3.x install and dump bad data.  Hence the instruction to dump from
> 2.x BEFORE installing 3.x
>
> Telling them to use different libs does not matter, speaking from
> experience.

Part of the problem is that the libs from RT2 are incompatible with some
of the newer versions of DBIx::SearchBuilder. In particular, the
AccessibleCache stuff has been seriously reworked/removed so the export
script's attempts to access the data this way don't return anything.

In order to export properly from RT2 I had to downgrade the Perl
installation to using an ancient SearchBuilder, something like 0.48 in
my case (I was exporting from RT 2.0.7). I ended up building a custom
Perl just to do the export, with all the old RT2 Perl dependencies in
there.

- Julian

--
-- Julian C. Dunn, B.A.Sc, P.Eng.  <Julian_Dunn at cbc.ca>
-- Platform Administrator, CBC.ca Production & Operations