[rt-users] Question about watchers and RT at a glance

Kris Boulez kris.boulez at c-cure.be
Thu Feb 17 11:29:24 EST 2005

Dear all,

We have two questions about RT (one philosophical, one more practical).
I hope some of you can shed some light on these.

When customers submit tickets with us there are cases in which multiple
people of the customer are intrested in a ticket. We add these as
watchers on the ticket. If we Reply on a ticket, all the watchers get
this mail in CC (as is expected with Watchers).
The "problem" now is that if the customers replies by doing "reply to
all", the watchers get two copies of the mail (once by the reply to all,
once as watcher of the ticket). What do people think about this and what
solutions to people have for this.
The obvious solution is to teach the customer to only "reply" to RT and
explain them that the watchers will get a copy of the mail via RT. But
is there another possible solution for this.

A question about the Home Page (RT at a glance) (RT-3.2.2). It has two
main lists of tickets (x highests priority tickets I own; x newest
unowned tickets). Would it be easy to add another list of tickets ("x
highest priority tickets open tickets which I do not own"). Is this
clear and/or described somewhere ?

Best regards,

Kris,