[rt-users] Problems with ExtractCustomFieldValues

Atom Powers APowers at PyramidBrew.com
Mon Feb 21 12:23:02 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Harrison [mailto:aharrison at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:37 AM
To: Atom Powers
Cc: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Problems with ExtractCustomFieldValues

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:57:20 -0800, Atom Powers <APowers at pyramidbrew.com>
wrote:

> I'm attempting to set the initial priority of a ticket using
> ExtractCustomFieldValues.
> New tickets are entered through a web form which includes this line
> (or something similar):
> --
> --
>
> I've installed ExtractCustomFieldValues and set up an OnCreate script
> with this form:
> --
> # Syntax:
> # cf-name | Headername or "Body" | MatchString(re) | Postcmd | Options
> # # Scan body for Priority and put it into priority
> Priority|Body|Priority:\s*(\d+),.*|
> --

Your scrip should be nothing more than:

Condition: On Create
Action: Extract Custom Field Values
Stage: TransationCreate
Template: YourCustomFieldExtractionTemplate

The part you've put in as a scrip needs to be the template.

----
That's what I have:
In Configuration, Global, Scripts, ExtractFieldValues:

Condition: On Create
Action: Extract Custom Field Values
Template: Global template: CustomFieldScanner
Stage: TransactionCreate

In Configuration, Global, Templates, CustomFieldScanner:

#
# Scan body for "Priority" and put it into Priority
Priority|Body|Priority:\s*(\d+),.*|

The perl used in RT is beyond my ability to read. Can you tell me if my form
is correct? Where can I find logs for this action?