[rt-users] Question about watchers and RT at a glance

Niels Bakker niels=rt at bakker.net
Tue Feb 22 18:50:57 EST 2005

* kris.boulez at c-cure.be (Kris Boulez) [Thu 17 Feb 2005, 19:29 CET]:
> When customers submit tickets with us there are cases in which multiple
> people of the customer are intrested in a ticket. We add these as
> watchers on the ticket. If we Reply on a ticket, all the watchers get
> this mail in CC (as is expected with Watchers).
> The "problem" now is that if the customers replies by doing "reply to
> all", the watchers get two copies of the mail (once by the reply to all,
> once as watcher of the ticket). What do people think about this and what
> solutions to people have for this.
> The obvious solution is to teach the customer to only "reply" to RT and
> explain them that the watchers will get a copy of the mail via RT. But
> is there another possible solution for this.

I changed the "On Correspond Notify Requestors and CCs" scrip to only
fire when correspondence was submitted via the web interface, figuring
that external people can decide who they want to mail themselves.

What I'm missing is a way to tell RT to automatically pick up additional
Cc's during the lifetime of a ticket, it only does this at creation, and
the code looks a bit tricky in the various files like Interface/Email.pm.
(I'd like this to have additional Cc's picked up where an external party
 would Cc a colleague of his asking "Can you please pick this up?")

	-- Niels.