[rt-users] Query Builder documentation

Duncan Hutty dhutty+rt at ece.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 24 13:26:14 EST 2005

On 01/31/2005 07:27 AM, Stephen Hancock wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> The QueryBuilder  doesn't like to mix AND and OR. I have had to get
> several statements up with the QueryBuilder and then go to the
> Advanced Menu to finish the statement. The Advanced menu will accept
> mixed statements just fine. I would suggest saving some  typical
> queries as templates and then allow users to load them and plug in the
> valuses they want.

rt-3.4.1
While preparing queries, I have seen the problems with the query builder
not mixing AND and OR operators. Therefore attempting to follow the
above advice, I went to 'Advanced' and modified by hand.
I changed this:
( Queue = 'gripe'  AND Status = 'new' ) AND ( Owner = '32'  AND Status =
'open' )

to this:
( Queue = 'gripe'  AND Status = 'new' ) OR ( Owner = '32'  AND Status =
'open' )

Then I clicked apply. RT then returned me to the query builder page and
the query is changed back to the original.

Suggestions?

--
Duncan Hutty
System Administrator