[rt-users] Dynamic/Relative Date Searching

Roland, Ryan M rmroland at indiana.edu
Fri Feb 25 10:13:30 EST 2005

We have the need to create a search that uses relative dates.  Say I want a
search that will show me all work completed in the last month.  If I select
'Resolved'->'After' I then have to manually enter a date from a month ago in
order to get that result.  Then, if I want to bookmark that search result,
it becomes outdated almost immediately.  Basically what we're looking for is
something that would allow us to create searches like:

Created - After Last Month
Resolved - After Last Week
Due - Before Next Week
Starts - Before Next Month

Then they could be bookmarked and always accurate/up-to-date.

Has there been a patch or has anyone added some options to the 'Before' 'On'
'After' that may be more relative in nature? (or maybe a 3rd drop down?)

Thanks,

Ryan Roland

Application Developer
Information Technology