[rt-users] Oddness with new tickets..

Russell Mosemann mose at ns.cune.edu
Sun Feb 27 22:50:24 EST 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Glenn Sieb wrote:

> So I have a queue that does not have autoreply to requestors using
> template autoreply on ticket creation (a postmaster queue--you really do
> not want an autoreply on a postmaster queue ;) ). So I removed the scrip
> action from global.

If that's all you want to do, keep the global scrip.  You want stay away
from changing individual queues where possible to avoid maintenance
hassles.  Go to Configuration->Global->Scrips and click on (no name) above
the "On Create Autoreply To Requestors with Template Autoreply" to edit
the scrip.

Provide a name like "Selective AutoReply", change Condition to "User
Defined", Action is "Autoreply to Requestors", Template is "Global
template: Autoreply" and Stage is "TransactionCreate".

In the Custom condition box enter something like

return($self-TransactionObj->Type eq "Create" &&
       $self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name ne "Postmaster");

In other words, if the transaction type is On Create and the ticket is not
going to the Postmaster queue, then the condition matches, and the scrip
is carried out (i.e., go ahead and autoreply to the requestors using the
autoreply global template).

----
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University, Nebraska
"I feel the need to feed." - a colleague heading out for a meal