[rt-users] Defining "admin"

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Sun Jan 9 19:17:23 EST 2005

RT uses this term a lot to refer to "anyone who might work on tickets in
RT" (more or less).  I wrote a definition of this while working on chapter
8 but I suspect it really belongs in chapter 2:

=head2 "Admins"

Scrip action and templates often refer to admins.  In the context of
RT, an admin is simply anyone who might be working on a ticket or
supervising that work, not a specific job description.  For example,
in a tech support department, the support staff and their supervisors
could all be admins.  Admins will be the people who work directly with
RT the most, and so RT is configured to send different types of
messages based on whether or not the recipient is an admin.  For
example, by default RT includes the URL for a ticket when emailing
admins, but not requestors.

VegGuide.Org
Your guide to all that's veg.