[rt-users] Date Formats

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 15:46:38 EST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:33:49 -0500, Scott Thomson <SThomson at uua.org> wrote:

> Hey Folks,
>
> I know for most people the or yy/mm/dd date format makes perfect sense, but
> I'm wondering if there is a way to add some text to the right of the date
> fields to remind folks what format they should be using when updating the
> date fields, or to reduce clutter a ? mark linked to an date format popup
> tutorial could be placed next to the field.
>
> Is this already in the works or part of versions higher than 3.2.0?
>
>  We're currently on RT 3.2.0 on RHEL.

Shouldn't be that hard.  For instance, I created this little snippet
in Tickets/Elements/EditCustomFields

      <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
      <!--
        function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
                window.open(theURL,winName,features);
                 }
       //-->
       </script>
        [ <a href="#"
onClick="MM_openBrWindow('Custom-Descriptions.html?Queue=<%
$QueueObj->id %>&CustomField=<%$CustomField->id%>&CustomFieldName=<%$CustomField->Name%>','test','width=500,height=6
00')">Description of Choices</a> ]<br />

This pops open Custom-Descriptions.html which is a mason page I
created with all the code to make it look like a regular RT page with
a nice table of fields and their descriptions.

--
Andy Harrison