[rt-users] Control who can see (but not modify) user info?

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at acronis.com
Sat Jan 15 12:48:04 EST 2005

Andy Harrison wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:20:34 -0600, Rick Russell <rickr at rice.edu> wrote:
>
>>FYI, we eventually addressed this problem (not really solved) by
>>creating some global custom fields in the tickets, and writing a scrip
>>that copies the contents of the User record fields to the custom fields.
>>
>>Rick R.
>>

> For future reference, the don't forget there's Attributes now.
> Instead of hacking custom fields into doing curious things, use the
> Attributes.  You can associate just about any object with an
> attribute, right down to an individual ticket or user.

If you just want show some info about requestor in the ticket history
page then it's easier to create new masson component. Something like
html/Ticket/Elements/RequestorInfo.

If you know how to get info from CurrentUser and put it into CustomField
from Scrip code then you only need to copy html layout from another
similar component and put code from scrip into it. Easy task.

Nevermind would you try to use Attributes or CFs in both cases you
duplicate data that means your DB grows faster that also means your DB
works slower.