[rt-users] RT External authentication

Francisco Javier Martínez Martinez fjmartinez at csi.uned.es
Tue Jan 25 08:55:21 EST 2005

Hello.

I had installed and configured RT 3.2.2 + Apache 2 + mod_perl in a Fedora
Core 3 box.

I had been playing  a lot with the program creating queues, users, etc ...
and I was wondering if it is possible to install an external authentication
method, this is because I had notice that when an external user for first
time sends a mail to the rt system, a new user is generated, using as user
name the mail addres, but if this user wants to access via web to the see
his request or reuests, there is not an autogenerated password, only if I
grant access and set a password this user could interact with the system
via web.

I had an external radius system where is stored both email addresses an
passwords, and I wanna know if it is possible that the RT could use this
radius server as authentication server. Any ideas or documentation would be
very appreciatted.

Thanks in advance.