[rt-users] NotifyGroup on custom field value change

Oluwatomisin Ilori tomisilori at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 11:38:06 EST 2005

Please I'm running rt 3.2.2 on redhat linux 8.0 with mod_perl 1 on apache 1.3.3, perl 5.8.3 and mysql 4.1.9. Please i need to write a custom action code that send's email to a particular group if the custom field selected is "east". I was thinking I should be able to use ruslan's module but I don't know how to go about this. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

if (($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "CustomField")  and ($self->TransactionObj->NewValue eq "East")) {
****send email to groupA
  return(1);
} else {
  return(undef);