[rt-users] unprivileged users in ticket owner list

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Mon Jul 11 12:13:05 EDT 2005

Rick Russell said:

> I suspect that, at some point in the past, these users were granted
> "OwnTicket" rights globally or for specific queues.

This was an excellent hint, thanks.  My predecessor basically set stuff up
for "everone" to have ownticket rights (not good), this was causing the
problem.  Working on the user/group rights is making that look much
better.

> One of the bugs in RT 3.2.X (and perhaps carried over to RT 3.4.X) is
> that if you give rights or group membership to a user, then uncheck the
> "Let this user be granted rights" checkbox, RT does _not_ strip that
> user's rights or group membership.

Bummer.  Disabling a user should suspend all rights for that user.  Wonder
if that's been filed as a bug?
-Alan