[rt-users] Perl Module Problems

Chris Berry chris_berry-list-rt-users at jm-associates.com
Mon Jul 11 22:46:16 EDT 2005

Ok, trying to get all the dependancies resolved using Mandrake packages
turned out to be too complicated, so I'm doing it the CPAN way
recommended in the docs.  I'm having some trouble getting them all to
install.  I finally figured out how to fix quite a bit of it by doing
the following manually:

urpmi perl-devl
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Test::Pod'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Test::Pod::Coverage'

but I'm still stuck on the following items:

Apache::Session 1.53...MISSING
   t/99dbfile.........dubious
         Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
   t/99dbfilestore....dubious
         Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
   t/99flex...........skipped
         all skipped: no reason given
   t/99postgres.......skipped
         all skipped: no reason given

XML::RSS ...MISSING
   Seems to be complaining about expat.h being missing

HTTP::Server::Simple 0.07...MISSING
   t/04cgi............dubious
         Test returned status 6 (wstat 1536, 0x600)
   DIED. FAILED tests 5, 7, 10-11, 18, 20

HTTP::Server::Simple::Mason 0.03...MISSING
   Can't install without HTTP::Server::Simple

DBD::Pg 1.41...MISSING
   Can't seem to find pg_config

Apache::Test ...MISSING
   [warning] result:
   [  error] You are running the test suite under user 'root'.
   Apache cannot spawn child processes as 'root', therefore
   we attempt to run the test suite with user 'nobody' (65534:65534).
   The problem is that the path (including all parent directories):
   /root/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.25/t
   must be 'rwx' by user 'nobody', so Apache can read and write under
   that path.

   looks like it's got the right permissions to me:
   drwxr-xr-x   6 nobody nogroup  4096 Jul 11 12:47 t/

Test::WWW::Mechanize ...MISSING
   Can't install without HTTP::Server:Simple

A few helpful hints would be nice if someone else has run into these
problems before.

--
Chris Berry
chris_berry at jm-associates.com
Information Advisory Manager
JM Associates

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not
be done at all." --Peter Drucker