[rt-users] Updating New User's custom field - CanonicalizeUserInfo

Maciak, TJ tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Thu Jul 14 11:32:16 EDT 2005

I have a custom field for all my users called "Department".

I am utilizing

sub CanonicalizeUserInfo { }

in my User_Local.pm file to do a LDAP lookup for the username and then fill
in such items as full name, phone, email address, department etc.
and was wondering how I would go about editing a custom field for a new
user?

I am doing the following for the existing fields and this works great:

@$args{'Name'} = $result[0];
@$args{'EmailAddress'} = $email;

but I am unsure of how I would set an argument for a custom field called
"Department" for this new user that is being created.

Any help/ideas is appreciated.

T.J. Maciak

Internet/Intranet Developer
Department of IT