[rt-users] RT users show up in configuration but not on change ticket owner

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Mon Jul 18 09:29:01 EDT 2005

Chris Benard wrote:

> They are all superuser.  Only we in IT are the ones who actually log
> into the interface.  I've rigged up a web submission system for
> everyone else through a web form via email.
>
> I think I just found the solution, although strange.  I went into
> groups, and then into Staff, and the only users who were showing up
> were the ones in the staff group.
>
> I'm not sure why that's required since we're all superusers, but that
> seems to have fixed it.  This was not required in RT 3.0.6, which is
> what I upgraded from to 3.4.2(doing make upgrade and upgrading the
> schema etc for each newer version).

As I recall, in 3.4.x the superuser right no longer allows ticket
ownership inherently, to keep root and other accounts like that from
being ticket owners.  The reason adding other users to the staff group
worked is likely to be the OwnTicket right assigned to that group.

Glad you got it working.

--
Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst