[rt-users] hiding ticket metadata automatically

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Jul 18 14:46:27 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 01:30:10PM -0500, Chris Benard wrote:
> Is there a way to "roll up" the ticket meta data automatically like it
> does when you click on the X on it, so that the ticket history would be
> the majority of the screen.  We rarely look at that and instead look at
> the ticket history, and it would be good if we didn't have to click X to
> roll it up, and instead would just click on the X to roll it down if we
> need to see it.

The next major version of RT (currently, the 3.5 development series)
makes those little X boxes sticky per-client (using cookies), thanks to
a bit of Javascript wizardry from one of our ace interns, Tom Sibley.
Tom's actually been doing a lot of the work on cleaning up RT 3.5's HTML
and building CSS stylesheets for a fresh new look or two.

Jesse