[rt-users] Re: External Authentication: HowTo - Help needed.

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Jul 22 16:40:25 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 10:53, Manfred Koroschetz wrote:
> Thank you for pointing me to .. Web.pm. Indeed it has the expected
> code.
> Nevertheless and unfortunately it still does not work. I tried
> hardcoding my username (RT as per name field in user table) to check
> if it would work, but it definitely does not.

Did you restart apache to pick up the change?

> thank you in advance for any additional suggestions and steps to take
> to get it going.

The usual way is to either use Apache's basic authentication or load
an apache module that authenticates the way you want and sets
REMOTE_USER accordingly.  I am using mod_auth_pam on a RedHat box
which is configured to use either local system accounts or check
against a Windows domain but anything that works with apache should
work with RT.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com