[rt-users] HowTo get URLs to auto-generate links in Ticket/Display?

Toby Darling darling at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 26 10:42:00 EDT 2005

Matt England wrote:
> Hi Toby et al,
>
> At 7/26/2005 08:35 AM, Toby Darling wrote:
>
>> Is http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ClickableLinks what you're
>> looking for? The callback method works in RT 3.4.1.
>

> While I have yet to test it, the above link looks like it addresses what
> I seek.
>
> What does the "As always, mind the tab damage"  reference in the above
> wiki page mean?

I'd guess it means that if you cut-n-paste the patch file from the web
page, you'd damage any tabs in it, which may cause the patch program to
barf, or worse, the regexp to break. But I may have missed something ...

I didn't fancy playing with a 900+ character regexp, hence using the
callback.

Cheers
Toby