AW: [rt-users] characterset/umlauts

Fri Jul 29 05:53:47 EDT 2005

Hi and thanks for your reply,

> >  I started to build a small intranet around our RT-system and have a
> >  problem with special characters. In fact my RT displays stuff like
> umlauts
> >  corret, but my intranet (running on the same virtual-host, it's even
> >  located in the same document root, so I don't get it...) displays those
> >  characters in weird sequences like
> >
> >  ü  => ü
>
> It's not very clear to me what "build an intranet around RT" means, but
> what you are seeing is the UTF-8 encoding of umlaut characters rendered
> as Latin-1/ISO-8859-1. Make sure the procedure generating HTML is
> specifing UTF-8 as Content-Encoding, or otherwise convert the text
> accordingly.
>
> Angelo Turetta

Just a couple of sites build around my RT-Installation. I don't have a clue where to look for the settings. IMHO utf8 is used, since it's in the html-header and the apache default charset...

But I also found my problem. The dbd::mysql quote function ripped the utf8 characters into two chars... Thx for the help anyway!

cheers
-fe