[rt-users] rt-3.4.2 - WebExternalAuth

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 18:31:35 EDT 2005

On 7/29/05, Odhiambo Washington <wash at wananchi.com> wrote:
> * On 29/07/05 19:29 +0300, Wash wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Generally, I have WebExternalAuth working with the following setup:
> >
> > # Authentication Settings on my rt3 virtual host:
> >
> >         <Location />
> >          AuthType Basic
> >          AuthName "Request Tracker"
> >          AuthUserFile  /path/to/file
> >          require valid-user
> >         </Location>
> >
> > In RT_SiteConfig.pm:
> >

> > Set($WebExternalAuth , 1);
> > Set($WebFallbackToInternalAuth , undef);
> > Set($WebExternalGecos , undef);
> > Set($WebExternalAuto , 1);
> >

> > RT allows the users to login, creates their login name as username
> > and puts the GECOS field, but I'd like a way to also let RT enter
> > details for their e-mail address when it creates their account.
> >
> > I know it involves writing some code, only I can't (re)invent that
> > wheel;)
>

> Just to add ... that my setup does not give the users the logout button,
> but that looks "usual", I think, no?
Yes, it's not possible to use RT logout button when you use HTTP Basic
auth. Basic/Digest auth algorithms are described in the HTTP standard.
Browser sends credentials with each HTTP request. You can logout only
if your browser support it.

See http://dispatches.azstarnet.com/manual/howto/auth.html#basicfaq

Looks like Mozilla 1.8 alpha 4 can logout
http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.8a4/README.html

>         cheers
>        - wash
> Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
> wash () WANANCHI ! com                  . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
> GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
> GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |

Best regards, Ruslan.