[rt-users] Custom Field Arrangement

Nathan Van Fleet nmcdavit at alcor.concordia.ca
Tue Jun 7 09:03:43 EDT 2005

Hi,

We're in the preliminary stages of setting up an RT database and
there appears to be some things missing. I was wondering whether I
should ask in one email or several. For the sake of not bothering
everyone it's all in one. So here's my questions.

1) Is there anyway to just copy-paste items into a select multiple
field? It seems inefficient to make me create a field each time. I
want to have one text box that will tell which is a new field by the
line break (I hope that's not for the wishlist, but actually exists
to an effect already).

2) Are pulldown menus possible for custom fields? It seems that
select one value should be a pulldown but it is a box. This takes up
a lot of room and with the number of fields we need it is cumbersome.

3) Is there anyway to have multiple custom fields associate with each-
other. Example: software name> software price> number of copies.

- The use of this to me would follow with the ability to  create
multiple copies of the same group of custom fields. Example: If they
want to get another type of software I could possibly press a "+"
button to create another group and enter the information. (I guess
that isn't a question though)

4) CSS is not enabled at all? There appear to be questions that
assume it did work or does work but it is on the wishlist. Is this
something to sit tight about?

Sorry if some of the questions are stupid, I left out some others
that I saw a little of information on earlier.

Thanks for the help,

-Nathan Van Fleet
nmcdavit at alcor.concordia.ca
Helpline Coordinator