[rt-users] order of scrip execution

Dan Fulbright dan+rt-users-list at dan.tulsa.ok.us
Sat Jun 11 01:47:49 EDT 2005

I am using ExtractCustomFieldValues, and it is working fine. However, it
appears that the custom field values are being set /after/ the autoreply
is sent. Since I am using some of the custom field values in the
autoreply, they don't exist when it is sent.

Is there any way I can force the ExtractCustomFieldValues scrip to run
/before/ the autoreply scrip?

I have looked at the wiki:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ScripExecOrder
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?TransactionBatchStage

but those pages just don't make much sense to me. I enabled batch stage
processing with this:

Set($UseTransactionBatch , 1);

and I made the autoreply stage TransactionBatch, but that made the scrip
not run at all. I put it back to TransactionCreate. The history makes it
look like the CF was added before the autoreply, but that's not actually
the case:

# Sat Jun 11 00:37:49 2005 RT_System - Username testuser added
# Sat Jun 11 00:37:49 2005 RT_System - Outgoing email recorded

Note that "Username" is the CF that I am setting from the e-mail.

--df