[rt-users] Oracle DB connection problem

Maciak, TJ tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Tue Jun 14 11:27:50 EDT 2005

I figured out what the problem was - turns out when I was starting apache as
"sudo /etc/init.d/httpd restart" from my own user that
the user it was running as under sudo did not have the environment variable
set for the oracle library path.

I tried this instead:

sudo su root
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/OraHome1/lib
/etc/init.d/httpd restart

and it resolved all of my problems!  Now RT is running speedily on Oracle at
our site.

T.J. Maciak

Internet/Intranet Developer
Department of IT