[rt-users] Using RT to track *billable* work (reposted to unthread)

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Wed Jun 15 06:46:47 EDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:06:40 -0400 (EDT)
rt-users-request at lists.bestpractical.com wrote:

> "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com> writes:
> > 1) Has anyone already done it?  (And yes, I'd like it to integrate well
> > with Asset Tracker as well)
> >
> > 2) If not, does anyone need it?
> >
> > 3) If so, is there anyone who's reasonably accomplished at modifying RT
> > that is interested in working on it with me?
>
> Hi Jay,
>
> I may be interested.  The approach that I was planning on taking was to
> integrate RT (and Nagios and Asset Tracker and some CRM and ... :) with
> Banal:
>
>         http://www.starnix.com/banal/
Another that might be more easily understood and modified:

http://www.achievo.org

They have a demo and extending the system is indeed a matter of a couple
of lines per module, ofcourse depending on how you want to add, only
drawback might be that it is written in PHP and not Perl.
My plans are, partly implemented in both Achievo and RT, to integrate RT
and Achievo and so have a tight integration between project
managment/projects and problems/tickets/assets/documentation.

Feel free to ask about Achievo and what my plans are.

Joop

--
Joop van de Wege <JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl>