[rt-users] Poll: how do you avoid 'Out of office' messages ?

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Fri Jun 17 08:21:34 EDT 2005

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> A reminder: much as we old *nix hands would like to think it, not ever
> end-user *has control* over how stupid their vacation daemon is.

Point, but they _do_ have the option to disable mail delivery for
mailman-handled lists even if they can't control their misbehaving
responders.

Substandard software (whether their fault or foisted upon them) should
not be allowed to annoy the other 1,692 list subscribers of this list,
or any other. (Granted, most autoresponders don't reply to the /whole/
list, but there are several that have...)