[rt-users] adding new users

Labonte, Phil phil.labonte at transcore.com
Tue Jun 21 15:36:09 EDT 2005

Yes you can use fetchmail. Is you do a search in the archives you will
find lot's of examples on how to do this.

Or if you do a google search on fetchmail and exchange (or imap) there
will be examples on how to do this.

But for what it is worth:

You create a .fetchmailrc file in the users home directory that will be
checking the email

And to use this with exchange I think you would enter this in the
.fetchmailrc file:

poll mail.server.ca with proto IMAP timeout 200 user 'rttest at server.ca'
password 'tar12345' is 'rt at localhost' here

My syntax might be off

Then then add this to your rc.local file:

fetchmail -daemon 120  (where 120 is the number of seconds delay between
each check of the server for email)

Phil

  _____