[rt-users] problems with configuring apache

lmuzanenhamo at nust.ac.zw lmuzanenhamo at nust.ac.zw
Mon Jun 27 03:09:28 EDT 2005

I have been battling with this installing of rt-3.4.2 on RedHat 9. The thing is
I  had to upgrade my Perl from v5.8.0 to v5.8.7 and every thing seemed to work
fine until I get to the webserver config. I get the following error message when
I try  to restart the server:

Starting httpd: [Mon Jun 27 08:34:31 2005] [error] Can't locate object method
"menu_item" via package "Apache::Status" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 686.!Compilation
failed in require at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm line
149.!Compilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 1.!
[Mon Jun 27 08:34:31 2005] [error] Can't load Perl file: /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
for server rtserver.nust.ac.zw:0, exiting...!
                                                           [FAILED]

In my last post others had suggest that I check if all my dependencies and
modules are present. The Apache::Status module is there, it comes bundled in
mod_perl and all the modules are registered as present from the make test.
Please help out with this one.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the intended
recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-
mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.  If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely
on this e-mail. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the National University of Science
and Technology, and the National University of Science and Technology,
Zimbabwe, does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the the National University
of Science and Technology, Zimbabwe, for operational, security or business
reasons.

Nust Website :  http://www.nust.ac.zw