[rt-users] Theming and permission?

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretecsystems.com
Tue Jun 28 03:56:25 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 28 Jun 2005 01:07, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it allowed to remove all mention of RT, version number and Best
> > Practical on the login page?
>
> Removing Copyright notices and links to the license is pretty much
> off-limits. (Though if your lawyers believe it's legal after analyzing
> the GPL, I'd be interested to see that in writing.)

Many apologies, this is not how I intended my e-mail to be interpreted.

I am fully aware of the GPL and Copyright, but It's not like I would be remove
these notices on every file, just the front page.

It would not be hidden that it's RT either, in fact I promote it as much as I
can, it's purely branding for the front page.

> Removing the Best Practical logo is more of a local decision.

Agreed.

> > Just for branding really, not a big issue.
> >
> > --
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > Gavin Henry.
> > Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).
> >
> > http://www.suretecsystems.com/
>
> Given Suretec's model and positioning, I'm a bit surprised that this
> would come up.

I think it's a fair point. This is done with Mambo everyday, if you
"view-source" it still says Mambo.

I say again, all licensing and copyright stands, it just for branding.

This is what the front page currently looks like:

http://support.suretecsystems.com/rt/

Is this acceptable?