[rt-users] Issue while creating a ticket

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 28 10:08:28 EDT 2005

At Monday 6/27/2005 03:27 PM, Ahalya_Nathan at mudnebr.com wrote:

>The data in the development environment was copied from the production
>environment using simple Oracle export/import.  The DBA , first truncated
>the tables (zeroed them out) then imported with an export file from the RT
>system in the production environment. Does this create a problem?

Yes - the sequence is used to generate the primary keys, so must be at
least as high as the highest existing primary key value.

So if after the import, the highest ticket number is 2000, your sequence
must be set to yield at least 2001 the next time it's used.

And as I mentioned before, there are other tables whose sequences must also
be set - look in the Oracle schema creation file to find what they are. Did
you ask your DBA about this? She/he should be able to get all this
straightened out fairly easily.

Steve

>Regards,
>Ahalya Nathan
>Senior Programmer / Analyst
>Information Technology, Metropolitan Utilities District
>(402) 449-8218 phone
>(402) 449-8131 fax
>ahalya_nathan at mudnebr.com
>

>Stephen Turner <sturner at MIT.EDU>
>
>06/27/2005 01:41 PM
>Ahalya_Nathan at mudnebr.com
>cc
>Subject
>Re: [rt-users] Issue while creating a ticket
>

>At Monday 6/27/2005 01:33 PM, Ahalya_Nathan at mudnebr.com wrote:
>
> >Steve,
> >"the sequence that's used to generate ticket ids needs to be set higher
> >than the highest existing ticket id".
> >Do you have to set that in the database or is it handled programatically
> >in RT?
>

>You have to set it in the database. Did you load data from a migration
>script or some other bulk-load method? That might account for how ticket
>numbers aren't synchronized with the sequence.
>
>Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)