[rt-users] fetchmail

Maciak, TJ tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Wed Jun 29 10:23:49 EDT 2005

Ok thanks that is helpful for the aliases part!  so I have placed:

rt: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue 'Solutions Queue' --action correspond
--url http://helpdesk/rt/"
rt-comment: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment
--url http://helpdesk/rt/"

I placed the /etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate as stated for Redhat Distros (checked
the directory and the rt-mailgate was already there)
into the /etc/aliases file as I read in the documentation.

I then send a test message to each queue,

echo 'hello1018' | mail -s "Test subject" rt-comment

And

echo 'hello1015' | mail -s "Test subject" rt

If I do it to some other user, I get an error in my root mailbox (saying
user is not known) so I know the mail part is working.
After I send the test messages, I do not get any error or informational
messages in /opt/rt3/var/log/rt.log nor /var/log/messages
Yet the tickets are not created.  I also restarted apache as stated in the
documentation.

T.J. Maciak

Internet/Intranet Developer
Department of IT